These The Wind and the Sun fable posters and coloring sheets are a terrific method for kids to learn about this fable, demonstrating that gentle persuasion can sometimes be more effective than the strongest force. Fables are always entertaining stories for children to hear, and they educate our students to read with thought rather than robotically. We want them to read with their entire minds. We want children to understand that their beliefs may and should evolve as they read.
The Wind and the Sun Fable posters include:
- Colored Fable Posters
- Poster without words
- Poster with fable
- Coloring Sheet with Signs (2 versions)
- Coloring Sheets
- Coloring Sheet without words
- Coloring Sheet with Fable
- Coloring Sheet with Sign (2 versions)
Fables are excellent for teaching synthesis since the story’s moral is unclear until the end. Learners can read or hear a story and pause at certain times to reflect on what they’ve learned.
Reasons to teach Aesop’s Fables:
- Emphasis on social-emotional learning
- Shorter texts are easier to learn.
- Story elements are simple to teach.
Grab The Wind and the Sun Fable Worksheets here.
- CCSS.RL.K.1 – With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- CCSS.RL.K.3 – With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
- CCSS.RL.1.1 – Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- CCSS.RL.1.2 – Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
- CCSS.RL.1.3 – Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details.
- CCSS.RL.1.4 – Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses.
- CCSS.RL.1.7 – Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
- CCSS.RL.1.9 – Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
5-Day Weather Challenge
Teach Weather in the Classroom the Fun Way with English and Sign Language. Wondering where to start? This 5-part training gives you step-by-step guidance and ASL PDF resources to get you started for success.
Learn more here! Weather in the Classroom