Already purchased Learn Sign Language Basics – Level 1? You must log in to the website in order to proceed. Log in now.
Skills Learned: Have you ever wanted to learn another language but didn’t have time? Then this is the class for you. Each class has new concepts, grammar, culture, vocabulary, and more. At the end of 5 weeks, you will be able to communicate and understand sign language on a basic level. You will walk away with new skills and a resource to reinforce what you just learned. So join the class and get ready to communicate without speaking a word.
Format: No books required. You’ll need to be able to download weekly PDFs—homework- approximately 30 minutes daily online.
Instructor: Cynthia Long, Nationally Certified Interpreter for the Deaf and founder.
Need credit for Professional Development hours? A certificate of completion is available at the completion of the course at no additional charge.
- New vocabulary each week
- Numbers 1-30
- Facial expressions
- Yes/No questions
- WH Questions
- Non-manual/facial expressions
- Suffix, prefix, adverbs
- Introduce yourself in sign
- Get a deaf person’s attention
- Meet a deaf person
- And yes, there’s more….
- Enhance career opportunities
- Communicating in noisy areas-large crowd
- Communicating at a distance-
- Communicating through a window
- Communicate while your throat hurts too much to talk
- Understanding your baby/grandchild’s needs
- Expanding and challenging your mind
- Learning a new language
- Refresh what you already know
- Communicating privately in public
- Still communicate while sick or after surgery
- Communicating with the deaf or hard of hearing
- You or your family is losing the ability to hear
You will have 365 days from the date of purchase to complete the course. After that, additional access to this course can be purchased.
Need credit for Professional Development hours? A certificate of completion is available at the completion of the course at no additional cost.