Create the perfect storm with this no-prep Storm Weather lesson plan to keep your students engaged and learning. By matching words with symbols and graphics, students practice identifying storm-related language. Color by number, tracing lines, and word activities will help your students improve their grasping abilities. In addition, the storm writing prompt allows your students to be imaginative. This would be an excellent supplement to an ESL or science unit on weather.
Storm Weather Lesson includes:
- Teacher’s Guide
- 8×10” ASL Anchor Wall Chart
- Caregiver’s Guide
- Color by number
- 2 Matching Worksheets
- 2 Tracing & Writing Activities
- Writing Prompt (2 versions)
- ASL Dictionary link
Additional activities for this mini-lesson are included in the teacher and caregiver guides. These printable storm worksheets are ideal for the classroom or at home. In addition, the sign language anchor wall chart will benefit your kids in learning and remembering vocabulary. Finally, the ASL Dictionary link will help you feel more confident when signing.
☀️ ☔️ ❄️ Join the “Weather in the Classroom” webinar here.
• PD Certificate of Attendance
• ASL Weather Sign Language
• Weather activities and lessons
• and more!
Five reasons to include ASL in your next weather station.
- Creates connections and bonds.
- Enhances spatial reasoning.
- Improves the ability to recognize nonverbal actions.
- Enhance your reaction time and peripheral vision.
- Long-term cognitive advantages.
- CCSSK.CC.A.3 Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
- CCSSK.CC.B.4 Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
- CCSSRF.K.1 Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
- CCSSRF.K.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- CCSSSL.K.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- CCSSSL.K.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
👉 Additional Resources 👈🏼
Collect More Weather Fun here!
ASL in the Classroom Blogs here.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Love this product? Learn how to get this free!
There are no reviews yet.