The Little Twinkling Stars Activity is excellent for teaching new vocabulary, phonics, and sight words. This nursery rhyme emergent reader will engage your ESL, DHH, and elementary pupils. The coloring, I-spy, and sing/sign-along activities featured in this lesson will keep your children engaged and learning. Morning work, centers, whole-class sessions, and small-group instruction are all ideal.
Little Twinkling Stars Activity includes:
- Teacher’s Guide
- 8×10” ASL Anchor Wall Chart
- Caregiver’s Guide
- Emergent Reader
- 3 Lesson Worksheets
- Sing or Sign Song Mat
- ASL Dictionary link
Additional activities for this mini-lesson in the teacher and caregiver guides. These printable “Twinkle Little Star” Activities are ideal for the classroom or at home. The sign language anchor chart will benefit your kids in learning and remembering vocabulary. The ASL Dictionary link will help you feel more confident when signing.
Five benefits of teaching nursery rhymes:
- Increase the vocabulary of young children.
- Make opportunities for spoken language development available.
- Introduce basic story structure to youngsters, such as problem and solution, cause and effect.
- Are easily incorporated into pre-existing themes
- For young children, it can be fun and engaging.
- CCSSRL.K.2 With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
- CCSSRL.K.3 With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
- CCSSRL.K.5 Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).
- CCSSRF.K.1 Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
- CCSSRF.K.1a Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
- CCSSRF.K.1b Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
- CCSSRF.K.2a Recognize and produce rhyming words.
- CCSSRF.K.4 Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
👉 Additional Resources 👈🏼
Collect More Weather Fun here!
ASL in the Classroom Blogs here.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Love this product? Learn how to get this free!
There are no reviews yet.