What better way to connect with the heart of this holiday than by studying the language of Thanksgiving in American Sign Language (ASL) during this season of thankfulness and togetherness? ASL Flashcards – Thanksgiving Day is a fun learning tool to help you better understand this unique day.
This set of ASL Flashcards – Thanksgiving Day includes 12 festive words in Sign Language. The Thanksgiving Day signs and accompanying icons accommodate different learning methods. These flashcards allow you to choose the level that best suits your learners, with options for colored and black-and-white versions and with and without English text.
Thanksgiving Day Flashcards:
- English and Sign Language
- With and without printed text
- Colored and black-and-white versions
- Thanksgiving signs
- Thanksgiving picture cards
- QR code to ASL sign video(s)
ASL Thanksgiving Day Vocabulary
Let’s explore the words included in this Thanksgiving Day vocabulary treasure:
How to use a QR Code
The QR code included gives you access to see each word signed.
- Focus your phone’s camera on the QR code.
- Do not take a picture. Instead, notice a pop-up.
- Click on that link to open the video.
These flashcards are the perfect choice whether you’re an ASL enthusiast, a teacher looking for a creative educational tool, or someone seeking to add depth to your Thanksgiving celebration. They encapsulate the essence of Thanksgiving Day, promoting a richer connection with the holiday and the people you share it with. As you dive into this rich tapestry of words and signs, may you unlock the spirit of Thanksgiving in a way that truly warms the heart and enriches the soul.
🦃 Sign Language Fun Ideas 🦃
Check out our top ideas for using ASL flashcards in the classroom! These activities are designed to make learning fun and engaging while reinforcing vocabulary through sign language.
- Memory Game: Get two sets of flashcards and place them face down on the floor. Students take turns flipping over two cards and saying them aloud. If the cards match, the student keeps them. The one with the most pairs at the end wins!
- Charades: Select a student to come to the front and show them a flashcard. They’ll sign the word to the rest of the class, and the first student to guess correctly gets to go next. You can even divide the class into teams for some friendly competition.
- Pictionary: Perfect for reviewing vocabulary! Have a student draw a flashcard picture on the board while the others guess the word. The first one to guess correctly gets to draw the next picture. This game can also be played in teams with a point system.
- Fingerspell Challenge: Form a circle with a person in the middle. With their eyes closed, the person in the middle spins around and points. The person pointed to must sign the flashcard and fingerspell the word. This builds receptive skills.
- Basketball Fun: Set up a trash can or box as the “basket.” Show a flashcard to Student 1, and if they answer correctly, they get a shot at the basket. A successful attempt earns 2 points, while hitting the basket without going in earns 1 point. Keep scoring individually or play in teams for added excitement.
- Sign Relay: Divide the class into two teams lined up in parallel. Have someone at the front pick a flashcard, sign it, and then the first student in each line races to ring a bell and correctly say the matching word. This game adds a dash of competition to reinforce sign language skills.
Enjoy these creative activities with ASL flashcards, and watch your students have a blast while learning and reviewing vocabulary!
👉 Additional Resources 👈🏼
Learn Thanksgiving signs here!
ASL in the Classroom Blogs here.
Sign Language Books on Amazon here.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Sign Language in the Classroom: Quick Guide here.
Love this product? Learn how to get this free!