This no-prep Ice Lesson activity is ideal as a supplement to your weather unit or as a substitute teacher activity. The matching sizes worksheets will be a hit with your students. Students can have fun naming the ice cubes activity. Counting and tracing sentences and the writing prompt will help your students improve their handwriting skills.
The teacher and caregiver guides contain additional activities for this mini-lesson. These ice activities are perfect for the classroom or at home. The sign language anchor wall chart will help your students learn and remember vocabulary. The ASL Dictionary link will help you feel more confident when signing.
Ice Lesson Worksheets include:
• 2 Teacher’s Guides
• 8×10” ASL Anchor Wall Chart
• 2 Caregiver’s Guides
• 2 Small, Medium, and Large Matching
• 3 Writing Practice Sheets
• Writing Prompt (2 versions)
• ASL Dictionary link
Five reasons to include ASL in your next Ice Weather Station.
1. Creates connections and bonds.
2. Enhances spatial reasoning.
3. Improves the ability to recognize nonverbal actions.
4. Enhance your reaction time and peripheral vision.
5. Long-term cognitive advantages.
- CCSS.W.K.2 – Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose informative/explanatory texts in which they name what they are writing about and supply some information about the topic.
- CCSS.SL.K.5 – Add drawings or other visual displays to descriptions as desired to provide additional detail.
- CCSS.K.CC.B.4 – Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
- CCSSW.K.1 Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose opinion pieces in which they tell a reader the topic or the name of the book they are writing about and state an opinion or preference about the topic or book (e.g., My favorite book is…).
- RI.K.1 – With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
5-Day Weather Challenge
Teach Weather in the Classroom the Fun Way with English and Sign Language. Wondering where to start? This 5-part training gives you step-by-step guidance and ASL PDF resources to get you started for success.
Learn more here! Weather in the Classroom
👉 Additional Resources 👈🏼
Love this product? Learn how to get this free!