The ASL Flashcards – Weather is an excellent tool to keep your students engaged and learning. 🌤 Perhaps the best thing about them is the unlimited ways you can use them with your Earth Science Weather Unit!
These bilingual weather forecast flashcards will help your student learn Sign Language. Perfect for individual and group reinforcement activities.
Included in ASL Weather 🌞 Flashcards:
Weather ASL Flashcards Includes:
- 12 SIGNS full color
- 12 SIGNS black/white
- 12 ICONS in full color
- 12 ICONS in black/white
BONUS! Each set includes video support for students and parents.
- QR code to see how to sign the videos
Weather Vocabulary ⛈ Words included:
Cloud, Cold, Forecast, Hot, Ice, Rain, Snow, Storm, Sun, Temperature, Weather, Wind
BONUS! 🌦 ASL Weather Sign Video
ASL Flashcard QR code:
How to use the QR code on printable flashcards to get to the video link where each word is signed:
- Focus your smartphone’s camera on the QR code.
- Instead of taking a picture, take note of a pop-up link.
- Click on that link to open the video.
Our Favorite Group ASL Flashcard Activities
Making your lesson fun and exciting gives your students a chance to enjoy themselves as they learn with sign language flashcards. These activities focus on adding fun and excitement to using flashcards to teach and review vocabulary. You can repeat these activities with your students once they have mastered them.
- Matching: This game will require two sets of flashcards. Place both decks on the floor, face down. Students take turns flipping over two cards (saying the cards aloud). If the cards match, then the student keeps them. If the cards are different, turn them back to their original positions. The student with the most pairs at the end of the game wins.
- Fingerspell: Improve receptive skills! Place your students in a circle, with one person in the center. With their eyes closed, that person spins around, pointing, and when they stop, the person being pointed at signs the flashcard and fingerspells the word.
- Pictionary: Great game for reviewing your vocabulary words. Choose a student and show them a flashcard or whisper a word into their ear. Then the student draws the picture on the board, and the first student in the class who correctly guesses the sign gets to draw the next one. This game can also be played in groups using a point system.
- Basketball: Students try their luck with the trash can/box/etc. Show Student 1 a flashcard first. If they correctly answer, they are eligible for a shot at the basket. If the student puts the ball in the basket, they receive two points. If the student makes a basket without going inside, they receive one point. Finally, the person with the most points is declared the winner. A great activity to improve those team-building skills.
- Relay Race: A fantastic way to incorporate team-building activities into the classroom. Before beginning this game, have the students in two teams line up in parallel lines. Next, allow one person at the front of the room to select a flashcard to sign. After they sign it, the first student in each line races to the front of the room to ring the bell or touch the wall. The first student to arrive must then provide the correct word to match the sign.
👉 ASL in the Classroom Blogs here.
🌡 Collect More Weather Fun here!
Love this product? Learn how to get this free!
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.