The Worksheets for Emotions – Mood Dog are great learning tools to help students identify and understand different kinds of emotions. This worksheet comes with different sets of activities revolving around the concept of emotions.
Students will enjoy these activity sheets thanks to the well-illustrated and easy-to-follow worksheet pages. At the same time, learn signs for common emotion words, and even create their own Mood Dog!
Students will also learn how to identify different types of emotions and be able to express what they feel by writing or signing them.
Activities included in the Worksheets for Emotions – Mood Dog:
- 5 Mood Dog Cut-Out Set (Instructions included)
- Worksheets with Tracing and Writing Prompt (featuring the common Emotion words)
- Match the illustrations with the right mood/emotion words and signs.
- Learn how to sign each emotion.
- A total of 24 pages full of learning and fun
How to create your own Mood Dog:
- Color and cut out the face strip, the stand, and the dog.
- Cut slits on the dog’s face.
- Tape the face strip closed after you insert it in the slits.
- Tape the stand on the back of the dog to the base.
- Now move the strip to pick the emotion you feel.
20 Benefits of SEL in the Classroom:
- Improves the school and class climate
- Increases personal self-awareness
- Teaches problem-solving skills
- Improves self-regulation skills
- Increases student motivation
- Improves attendance
- Teaches coping skills
- Reduces behavior problems
- Helps students set and meet goals
- Gives space to talk about mental health
- Teaches study skills and habits
- Encourages empathy
- Teaches teamwork and collaboration
- Improves academic performance
- Teaches responsible decision-making
- Encourages perseverance and resilience
- Improves confidence
- Teaches to disagree respectfully
- Improves relationship skills
- Creates a feeling of community
More Emotion Fun HERE.
More ASL Games HERE.
Subscribe to our Youtube HERE.