With the Sign Language Lesson Plan Book 13 Weather, you can immerse your children in an exciting and educational experience as they explore the world of weather. This is jam-packed with engaging Earth Science activities to improve their vocabulary acquisition while encouraging physical movement and environmental observation. Make learning weather-related terminology fun and engaging for kids.
ASL for Children – Weather
These ASL Lesson Plans are for:
TEACHERS to save you hours of research. Everything is ready to go.
CHILDREN to have a fun, interactive, hands-on learning experience.
PARENTS to reinforce the lesson at home.
4 Tips when using the ASL lesson plans
- Start with a sign each day or each week, building sign vocabulary as you go.
- When teaching new vocabulary, SHOW the written word in English, SIGN the word in ASL, and SAY the word. Incorporating all three learning styles (visual, auditory, and kinesthetic) is a powerful tool to engage students.
- Increase receptive and expressive vocabulary with the corresponding ASL flashcards, dice, and videos.
- Send home handouts for parents to learn and reinforce signs learned.
Benefits of using sign language in the classroom
- Increases test scores
- Enhances literacy development
- Helps students focus
- Boosts comprehension
- Increases confidence
- Creates an engaging learning environment
- Great for behavior management
- Creates a more harmonious classroom
- Engages students in learning
- Introduces a new language
- Redirects focus
- Involves low verbal or shy children in communication
- Successful quiet times
- Enhances communication skills
This is a downloadable product. Download the file and print on your own printer.
ASL for Children – Weather Book includes:
- 50+ pages
- American Sign Language
- Teacher’s guide
- 8 X 10″ of each sign
- Worksheets for the child
- Dice Game
- Handouts for taking home
- Clickable video links
☀️ ☔️ ❄️ 5-Day Weather Challenge
Teach Weather in the Classroom the Fun Way with English and Sign Language. Wondering where to start? This 5-part training gives you step-by-step guidance and ASL PDF resources to get you started for success.
Learn more here! Weather in the Classroom
Love this product? Then you will love Sign Club based on all of our ASL books. No need to struggle and come up with a weekly sign club lesson. We’ve done all the work for you. Check it the free video here.
These ASL Teaching Resource books are non-refundable. They can only be redistributed within your home, classroom, or group under your care. They are not to be shared with others to reproduce in any format. Thank you for helping to protect our work.
Collect all 20 books in the series!
- My First Signs 1: Infant
- My First Signs 2: Ages 1-4
- Holiday Vol. 1
- Holiday Vol. 2
- Day Care
- ABC Charts & Puzzles
Download a free sample coloring book to know what to expect.