The ASL Lesson Plan Book 4 – Answers is created for:
TEACHERS to save you hours of research. Everything is ready to go.
CHILDREN to have a fun, interactive, hands-on learning experience.
PARENTS to reinforce the lesson at home. (Handouts are only available in Lesson Plan books.)
4 Tips when using the ASL lesson plans
- Start with a sign each day or each week, building sign vocabulary as you go.
- When teaching new vocabulary, SHOW the written word in English, SIGN the word in ASL, and SAY the word. Incorporating all three learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic) is a powerful tool to engage students.
- Increase receptive and expressive vocabulary with the corresponding ASL flashcards, dice, and videos.
- Send home handouts for parents to learn and reinforce signs learned.
Benefits of using sign language in the classroom
- Increases test scores
- Enhances literacy development
- Helps students focus
- Boosts comprehension
- Increases confidence
- Creates an engaging learning environment
- Great for behavior management
- Creates a more harmonious classroom
- Engages students in learning
- Introduces a new language
- Redirects focus
- Involves low verbal or shy children in communication
- Successful quiet times
- Enhances communication skills
This is a downloadable product. Download the file and print on your own printer.
ASL Lesson Plan Books includes:
- 70+ pages
- American Sign Language
- Teacher’s guide
- 8 X 10″ of each sign
- Worksheets for the child
- Dice Game
- Handouts for taking home
- Clickable video links
See Youtube Video HERE.
Love this product? Then you will love Sign Club which is based on all of our ASL books. No need to struggle coming up with a weekly sign club lesson. We’ve done all the work for you. Check it the free video here.
These ASL Teaching Resource books are non-refundable. They can only be redistributed within your home, classroom, or group under your care. They are not to be shared with others to reproduce in any format. Thank you for helping to protect our work.
Collect all 20 books in the series:
- My First Signs 1: Infant
- My First Signs 2: Ages 1-4
- Holiday Vol. 1
- Holiday Vol. 2
- Day Care
- ABC Charts & Puzzles
Sign up for our newsletter to get special notices.
Download a free sample coloring book so that you’ll know what to expect.