This Sight Words Flipbook – THREE is a welcome tool for teaching professionals needing to find the most effective strategies to support their diverse students. Many primary EL, ASL, and special education students struggle with sight words. These high-frequency words often break traditional English rules. Complement Sight Word teaching with American Sign Language to help students learn the words more effectively than they would through regular drills and practice. Our sight word series will help students experience mastery of sight words and engage students in the process of learning them.
What to Expect in Pre-Primer Sight Words – ASL
Pre-Primer Sight Words – ASL flipbooks (also known as Dolch words, Fry Words) help your child recognize sight words in both English and Sign Language. These bilingual sight word cards are great for centers, group time, homework, parents, and interventions. Preview our Pre-Primer flipbook, which is in the preview video!
What‘s included in your ASL Sight Words Pre-Primer Sign Language
✓ 24 Flipbooks Practice Cards Colored
✓ 24 Flipbook Practice Cards Black & White
BONUS! Google Slides™ Version
In the Sight Words – Flipbook THREE set, you’ll also get Free Online Sight Word Cards in Google Slides™ with your purchase to use with your students in the classroom and for online learning. Enjoy!
The Sight Word Flashcards Printable Explained
- Read it ~ Students point to a word and sound it out/read it.
- Touch it ~ Students touch each word as they read it.
- Fill it ~ Students write the missing letter of the sight word in the blank box.
- Paste it ~ Students cut out letters in the right column and then place them in the correct
order in the empty boxes. Note: Includes an extra set of cutouts in this packet.
- Trace it ~ Students trace the word to practice their knowledge of letters and associate them
with forming words. Tracing can be done with a pencil, fingers, or even paint.
- Unscramble it ~ Students re-write the correct sight word on the line.
- Write it ~ Students write the sight word.
- Find it ~ Students find and point to the featured sight word.
- Circle it ~ Students circle the sight word with a pencil, pen, or dry erase marker.
- Rainbow it ~ Students use dry erase markers/crayons using different colors for each letter.
- You Choose it ~ Students have the creative freedom to do as they please with this card.
- Sentence it ~ Students write a sentence using their sight words.
- Draw it ~ Students draw a picture that revolves around the sight word.
- Underline it ~ Students underline the word.
- Copy it ~ Students copy/write the sentence on the card.
- Create it ~ Students use letters or playdough to create the word on the card. Extra alphabet letters are in this packet.
- Letter Box it ~ Students write the word in the blank box and then will read or sign the sentence.
- Fingerspell it ~ Students fingerspell the word.
- Sign it ~ Students sign the pre-primer sight word.
- Reward~ Students get rewarded with the “Good Job” card.
Here’s a quick link to our 1-minute video explaining how we can lighten your load.
Pre-Primer Sight Word ASL! Collect the Series!
Don’t forget to grab ALL of the SIGHT WORDS FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION!
Love this product? Learn how to get this free!
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Common Core State Standards applicable:
- CCSS.RF.K.1 – Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
- CCS.RF.K.1b – Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
- CCSS.RF.K.3c – Read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she, my, is, are, do, does).
- CCSS.RF.K.4 – Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding