Sight Words – Flipbook A
This Sight Words Flipbook A is a welcome tool for teaching professionals needing to find the most effective strategies to support their diverse students. Many primary EL, ASL, and special education students struggle particularly with sight words, which are high-frequency words that oftentimes break traditional English rules. Using American Sign Language can be added to the instruction of sight words to increase student success with the words compared to the typical drill and practice. Our series will help students experience mastery of Sight Words and engage students in the process of learning them.
What to Expect in Pre-Primer Sight Words – ASL
Your Pre-Primer Sight Words – ASL flipbooks (also known as Dolch Words, Fry Words) are designed to improve your student’s ability to recognize sight words in both English and sign language. These bilingual sight word cards are wonderful for centers, group time, homework, excellent for parents, and interventions. In the preview video, you can find a snapshot of our Pre-Primer flipbook!
Don’t forget to grab ALL the BUNDLES of the SIGHT WORDS FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION!
Flipbooks Practice Cards Example
What‘s included Your ASL Sight Words Pre-Primer Sign Language
✓ 24 Flipbooks Practice Cards Colored
✓ 24 Flipbook Practice Cards Black & White
✓ BONUS! 6-pages of Alphabet cut-outs English & ASL
You’ll also get with your purchase this Flipbook set version Free Online Sight Word Cards in Google Slides™
With this Sign Language FlipBook purchase, you will also get the full set in Google Slides™ to use with your students in the classroom and for online learning. Enjoy!
The Sight Word Flashcards Printable Explained
- Read it ~ Students point to a word and sound it out/read it.
- Touch it ~ Students touch each word as they read it.
- Fill it ~ Students write the missing letter of the sight word in the blank box.
- Paste it ~ Students cut out letters in the right column and then place them in the correct
order in the empty boxes. Note: An extra set of cutouts are included in this packet.
- Trace it ~ Students trace the word to practice their knowledge of letters and associate them
with forming words. Tracing can be done with a pencil, fingers, or even paint.
- Unscramble it ~ Students re-write the correct sight word on the line.
- Write it ~ Students write the sight word.
- Find it ~ Students find and point to the featured sight word.
- Circle it ~ Students circle the sight word with a pencil, pen, or dry erase marker.
- Rainbow it ~ Students use dry erase markers/crayons using different colors for each letter.
- You Choose it ~ Students have the creative freedom to do as they please with this card.
- Sentence it ~ Students write a sentence using their sight word.
- Draw it ~ Students draw a picture that revolves around the sight word.
- Underline it ~ Students underline the word.
- Copy it ~ Students copy/write the sentence on the card.
- Create it ~ Students use letters or playdough to create the word on the card. Extra alphabet letters are provided in this packet.
- Letter Box it ~ Students write the word in the blank box and then will read or sign the sentence.
- Fingerspell it ~ Students fingerspell the word.
- Sign it ~ Students sign the pre-primer sight word.
- Reward~ Students get rewarded with the “Good Job” card.
Pre-Primer Sight Word ASL Bundle! Collect the Series!
Love this? Then you will want to get learn how to get more ASL teaching resources at no additional charge.
CCSS.RF.K.1 – Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
CCS.RF.K.1b – Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
CCSS.RF.K.3c – Read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she, my, is, are, do, does).
CCSS.RF.K.4 – Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding