Already purchased this course? You must log in to the website in order to proceed. Log in now.
Skills Learned: Have you ever wanted to learn another language but didn’t have time? Then this is the class for you. Each class is packed with new concepts, grammar, culture, vocabulary, and much more. At the end of 5 weeks, you will be able to communicate and understand sign language on a basic level. You will walk away with not only new skills but also a resource to reinforce what you just learned. Join the class and get ready to communicate without speaking a word.
Format: Interactive group dynamic with the use of the Internet. No books required. You’ll need to be able to download weekly PDFs. Homework- approximately 30 minutes daily online.
Instructor: Cynthia Long, Nationally Certified Interpreter for the Deaf and founder.
You will have 8 weeks from the date of purchase to complete the course. Additional access to this course can be purchased.
Need credit for Professional Development hours? Certificate of completion is available at the completion of the course at no additional charge.
- New vocabulary each week
- Numbers 1-30
- Facial expressions
- Yes/No questions
- WH Questions
- Non-manuals/facial expressions
- Suffix, prefix, adverbs
- Introduce yourself in sign
- Get a deaf person’s attention
- Meet a deaf person
- And yes, there’s more….
Benefits of taking this beginners class:
- Enhance career opportunities
- Communicating in noises areas-large crowd
- Communicating at a distance-
- Communicating through a window
- Communicate while your throat hurts too much to talk
- Understanding your baby/grandchild’s needs
- Expanding and challenging your mind
- Learning a new language
- Refresh what you already know
- Communicating privately in public
- Still communicate while sick or after surgery
- Communicating with the deaf or hard of hearing
- You or family is losing the ability to hear