Teach your children to sign “Thirsty”
Subscribe to take advantage of the free coloring sheet download period.
Do you ever have days where you seem to be thirsty all day long? The sensation of being thirsty is your body’s way of telling you that there is a fluid in balance. So what can you do to fix that? Here are some ways to quench that thirst and get you right back on track.
Ways to Combat Thirst:
- Drink at least 8 oz of water with every meal
- Set a drink schedule, it may sound silly but it can be easy to forget throughout the day (put marks on a water bottle so can see your goals). Shoot for at least 8 glasses a day.
- Eat food that contain liquid (soup, watermelon, strawberries, plums, peaches etc)
- Decrease your sodium intake (the more salt you take in the more your brain tells you that you need extra water
- Drink a glass of water instead of snacking (Sometimes your brain may be confusing hunger with thirst. If you aren’t truly hungry, the water will quench that thirst and fill you up)
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun (it increases sweating and fluid loss leaving you thirsty)
Teach your child the sign for thirsty so that they can tell you that they are thirsty without talking. This will prove helpful one day when you are on the phone paying bills. Tell us your favorite way to combat thirst.
LOOKING for a unique gift for everyone in your family? Go to our CafePress Shop – T-shirts, bags, cups, and much more. We think you’ll especially want the “I love you” family car decals or buy the ‘I love you’ iron-on patch or hand towel for someone special. Order today!