Scroll down for your free ASL gift!
Making new inventory for our ASL, I love you sign language hand for Valentine’s Day orders. You’ll be able to get hand towels, iron-on patches, DIY embroidery I love you hand, and our Car Decals. Order today and be ready to share your love on February 14.
Learn ASL this New Year 2016. Start with “party”.
Subscribe to take advantage of the free coloring sheet download period.
Hand Shape: “P” hands
Location: front of body
Tip: at a party you move to have fun
Action: arms stay still, wrist twist
Video transcript: Hi and welcome to Sign Baby Sign. This week’s word is party, P-A-R-T-Y. Take the letter “P” like this (shows sign), hold them at chest level, and then shake them back-and-forth or “party”. Mom to son asks, “Are you having a party in there?”
At Sign Baby Sign we especially love this sign because the children know how to shake the “P” while hitting the dance floor. If your child has trouble making the “P” sign, then start them with the “V” (peace) sign. So turn on the music and teach your child “party” and have a blast.
What’s your favorite kind of party to attend? Is it a birthday party? A Halloween party? A Christmas party? Or a pool party? What do you like the most about it? The most common thing you can find at almost every kind of party is some good old fashion party games.
Great games to try at your next party:
- Musical Chairs
- Freeze Dance
- Secretive Sticker Stalker (the first person to empty their sticker sheet on people without being caught wins)
- Human Puzzle (everyone stand in a circle and grab someone else’s hand, without letting go everyone must work together to untangle the circle
- Mummy Game (each team covers their “mummy” as creatively as they can in 5 minutes. Everyone gets a vote, most creative wins)
- Simon Says
- Scavenger Hunt
- Balloon Relay
- The Name Game (someone writes a name or title for you on a label, you then place the label on your forehead without looking at it, ask questions to try and guess who/what you are)
We hope you have loads of fun at your next party! Be sure to let us know how your party games went on our Sign Baby Sign Facebook page.
Download a Coloring Sheet to Reinforce Learning
Coloring sheets are offered for free during the first week after our video blogs are posted. Make sure to subscribe to take advantage of the free download period.
FREE this week: ASL “Party”
On our Teachers Resource page you will find many signs used for colors and it’s free! Enjoy!
Upgrade to the complete lesson plan set.
The full ASL “Party” Lesson Plan includes:
- Teacher’s guide
- 8 X 10″ of the sign
- Worksheet for the child
- Take home worksheet with instruction
- Game, craft, and extra ideas
Our gift to you- ASL 2017 Calendar
Click for your New Year gift.
Be sure to tell others about our Free 8 x 10 calendar with ASL theme.