Recipe for learning how to sign “cake”.
Video transcript: Hi and welcome to Sign Baby Sign. This week’s word has to do with sweet things to eat. It’s cake. You’re going to let the cake rise; so again, it’s the “C” hand. Have it a little opened with a claw hand and then lift it up. (shows sign) For cake as in the cake is rising.
It’s time to make a cake! Yes, that is how I want you to teach this sign. See how many times you and your signer can say and sign “cake” while you are in the process. Take pictures or videos and send it us so we can share it with all our fans while giving a shout out to your family.
We use cake for many occasions; can you think of different types of cake there are?…Wedding cake, birthday cake, just because cake, baby shower cake, congratulations cake and we’ll miss you cake just to name a few. Which kind is your favorite? With your child pick a kind of cake to make; decide on the type of batter and icing together. See how much your ideas differ. After you’re done baking the cake decorate it to your liking and then post a completed picture to our Facebook page.
First Birthday Healthy Cake Recipe:
• 1 banana
• 1/2 cup sliced (no skin) peaches
• Liquefy fruit together in a food processor. This gave us 1/2 cup of fruit puree.
• 1/2 cup buttermilk
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Whisk your fruit puree, milk, egg, and vanilla together. In a separate bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly pour your liquid ingredients into the dry, and mix until the dry ingredients are all wet. Pour your batter into a greased 6 inch round pan. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until you can stick a knife through the center and it comes out clean.
• Frosting: top with fruit and/or organic ice cream.
• Makes 1- 6 inch cake (cook 20-30 minute), 12 mini cupcakes (cook 10 minute), or 6 regular size cupcakes (cook 15 minutes).
We have the perfect gift for your baby’s first birthday and for loved ones for Valentines day. Don’t believe me? Check it out yourself when you go to our CafePress Shop and speciality “I love you” products for your Valentine Day unique gift ideas. We think you’ll especially want the “I love you” family car decals. Order today!
Download a Coloring Sheet to Reinforce Learning